Friday 27 October 2017

Medieval Pisa Tourist Souvenir

Medieval Pisa Tourist Souvenir

Once in a while EBay throws up something oddly useful for wargaming purposes. This is an old resin tourist souvenir from Pisa. Three buildings from the city centre piazza that once cut up into three items will be perfect to represent BUA. It's quite nice so seems a shame to destroy it but all three are 24cm x 8cm in area. The Campanile [Leaning Tower] was completed in 1372 AD, the Cathedral by 1180 AD and the Baptistry in 1363 AD.


It was covered in a mixture of dirt, grease, dust and nicotine. After talking to a few people I was recommended to buy Rubbing Alcohol. This is actually a proper chemical compound used for deep cleaning as it evaporates very quickly. I ordered a litre of it on line as I was unsure how much I would end up using. 

The bottle came with lots of health warnings so never use it indoors or when smoking and keep out of the hands of children. 

After 30 minutes in the garden with an old toothbrush and lots of brushing I was really surprised just how clean it turned out afterwards.



Now I have to decide if I will leave it as a single piece or cut it into three separate buildings. 


I decided to cut it into three. I can now work on getting them into the right sized bases.

2 comments: